Monday, December 31, 2012

Fiji Final Chapter: Last Fiji time experience



Back to the story of my tour and Fiji Time, this time after my walk in the village and the Kava Ceremony I went back to the resort ready to take my shower and have good dinner and good night of sleep to go through my third day in Fiji.
Got my cloths ready and walked to the shower, oooops no water. Ok, I walk to the receptionist explained my problem, she called one of the workers there who walked with me to check the issue. After few minutes he came to me and said I need sometime, so I said OK, I can wait no problem, by today I'm used to Fiji time. 30mns after, everyone went for dinner and the guy is still not back, so I decided to go back to the receptionist, who talked again to the guy to find out what was done and the answer was: because of the hurricane, water is in low pressure. Ok I asked when it could be fixed, as my skin was itching from the swim and the sweat of the day; and the answer was: come back to check in 1,5h. I thought she was joking, but she did look at me with a very serious face of “ lady, please, it’s not like I have nothing to do here but take care of your shower problem, you are in Fiji so you can wait” ohh my! I couldn’t believe it, this is the second time in Fiji I ask for a service and I'm asked to wait 1h or 1,15h.

 Do they really mean to wait that much time or does it mean "get lost"? 

Well I figured it does really mean "get lost". As the first time, it was about trying to charge my laptop as I didn’t have any battery left, no plug to charge anything in the hostel anywhere but at the reception so I Was asked to wait 1h, when I came back to the receptionist after 1h, she was laughing and asked me if I Was really waiting for an hour. The second time was the shower problem, remembering my experience with charging the laptop, I kept checking the water and far enough within ½ hour the water was back and I was able to take my shower and enjoy the rest of the night and last few hours of my tour as well, as it turned out my tour will end in 2 days and not in 2.5 days.

Fiji time was hell of experience.

I finally made it to the airport on time of my flight to Noumea, New Caledonia,. Checked my luggages and as I become a bit paranoid, I waited to see my luggage going through the belt but funny enough the girl who registered me waited for  15mn, with no exaggeration, after I left to get the luggage through, it’s like she was telling me again: It’s Fiji time! No hurry, No worry J



Vinaka, for hearing the Fiji story and if you ever plan to go to Fiji, bare in mind: No Hurry, No worry in Fiji. 

No comments:

Post a Comment